If you’re feeling tempted by the benefits of a raw food diet but you’ve been holding back because it seems like too much work, you’ve come to the right place! 30 Days Raw removes the guesswork that comes with adopting a raw vegan lifestyle. This six week online program has been designed to kick-start a healthier way of eating and thinking about what you put into your body.
Next Class: April 22, 2014
(“go raw” on May 1)
This 6 week program begins with one week of transition, theory, and raw food basics. The 30 day program begins on July 14, followed by a final transition and coaching week.
In this six week course, you’ll receive:
- Weekly shopping lists and menus;
- Recipes and video demonstrations, filmed at Viva Institute’s raw food retreat center and organic farm;
- Personalized service: an initial phone consultation, weekly emails, and an online, members only virtual community.
- What is Raw Food? We’ll cover the essentials of raw food theory and practice.
- Basic equipment: other than a food processor, a blender, and some sharp knives, we’ll teach you to prepare delicious meals that are low-prep, low-cost, and high on taste!
- Necessary Ingredients: we’ll tell you where to shop and how to buy what you need.
- Answers to “Where do you get your protein?” “What about cravings?’ and other frequently asked questions.
- How to: avoid cravings, travel and order at restaurants, and eat what’s best for your body’s specific needs.
- Testimonials: from people who have changed their health and their lives as a result of “going raw.”
- Medicinal Uses of Plants: learn how specific foods can change or improve various health conditions.
- Big Lies: uncover some of the myths about going raw.
- Resources: recommended books, websites, films and other resources.
- green smoothies and breakfast options
- simple snacks and impressive appetizers
- delicious dressings and easy spreads
- easy entrees for at home or on-the-go
- scrumptious desserts!
- One transition week: sample transition foods, necessary equipment, raw food theory, FAQs
- 30 Days, 100% RAW! Every 30 day program begins on the 1st of the month. You’ll receive coaching and ongoing support, sample menus, recipes, raw food basics, and everything you need to know about making raw food a part of your everyday practice.
- Final transition week: “Raw food for Real Life!” Are you going to continue with 100% RAW, or is your goal to increase the amount of plant-based foods in your diet? We’ll help you to figure that out, and will provide recipes and resources that will support your well being beyond this course.
What you’ll experience
- Radiant health
- Weight loss
- Happier mood and a sense of well being
- Clearer skin and that “raw glow”
- Improved digestion and metabolism
- Boundless creativity and energy, and…
- The ability to leap compact cars in a single bound!
Following a plant-based diet isn’t about taking away from what you’re eating; it’s about adding healthier, more nutritious foods. You don’t need to go “100% raw” to experience dramatic changes in the way you look and feel, but we hope that this course can be the beginning of a new way of loving your body.
From 2010-2012, Leigh Hopkins was the Director of Viva Institute’s raw food retreat center and organic farm, located in Itaipava, Brazil. During this time, Viva Institute served as the education and retreat center for Brazil’s premier raw food restaurant, Universo Organico.
Leigh believes that healthy food can and should be beautiful, colorful, and delicious. It promotes healing and renewed vitality and energy–lots of energy!
Leigh has a certification in Plant-Based Nutrition from Cornell University and a Masters degree in Education. From 2010-2012, she served as the chef at Viva Institute’s raw vegan retreat center.
What You’ll Need
A high-speed blender, food processor, sharp knives, and internet access.
Questions? Write to Course Instructor Leigh Hopkins at email@example.com.