To ensure a continuous learning environment, Viva offers a variety of online courses. Each is designed by our staff, often with the support of experts in their field, to provide an interactive, engaging and personalized learning experience. Wherever you’re “connected,” consider yourself a member of the class.
FAQs about Online Learning
- Do I need any special equipment to participate? Other than a computer and an email address, you won’t need anything special. Having a highspeed Internet connection helps when viewing video lectures.
- Will I need to log in at a specific time? No, that’s the beauty of online learning! You can participate whenever you want and whenever you have the time. As long as you have Internet access, you can even participate when you’re on vacation or from your iPhone.
- How much time should I expect to spend? Depending on the course, you can anticipate spending about 5-8 hours per week. If you’re looking to get the most out of the class you can work on any of the supplemental readings or activities, which will take you a bit longer and can last beyond the duration of the course.
- I’m a very hands-on learner. Will e-learning be right for me? All of our courses are developed to benefit many kinds of learners. Every course has multi-modal learning activities: video lectures, blog posts, individual journal exercises, partner activities, Open Forum chats, supplemental and suggested readings and links to related websites.
- I’m a bit “technologically challenged.” Can I really do this? Yes, you can! We’ll be here every step of the way and will even walk you through step-by-step if you need us.
Policy for Transfer of Courses
If requested no later than 5 pm ET 48 hours prior to the start of your course, you may transfer to a different start date. Please write to email@example.com to place the request.
Policy for Cancellation of Courses
Requests to cancel out of your course with a full refund must be received by 5pm US Eastern Time 7 (seven) days prior to the course start date. Requests to cancel out of your course received within 7 (seven) days of the start date of a course, but before 5pm ET (US) the business day prior to the start date, will be eligible for a partial refund of 50% of the course fee. Cancellations requests made within the first 3 days after the course start date are eligible for a partial refund of 25% of the course fee or the opportunity to receive a credit for another Viva class or one of our Member’s only forums. If cancellation requests are made more than 3 (three) days following the course start date, you will be responsible for payment in full of all courses plus a $100 cancellation fee. All cancellation requests must be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.