This recipe just may be our favorite invention. We came up with it one rainy morning when we were craving pancakes. We swear…they’re better than your favorite diner pancakes!
- 1 cup of flax seed (1/2 cup ground, 1/2 cup whole, soaked overnight)
- 1 cup of almonds, ground
- 2 tsp. coconut oil
- 2 tsp. cinnamon (or to taste)
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg
- pinch of salt
Blend the following ingredients in the blender until it reaches a smooth, syrupy texture. Add more or less water, depending on the desired consistency.
- 2-3 ripe bananas
- 5 dates
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup of water
- Grind the almonds in a food processor until they become a fine powder. Then add the 1/2 cup of ground flax (if you didn’t buy ground flax, it can be ground in a food processor first), the spices, and salt.
- Add the remaining cup of whole, soaked flax seeds and 2 tsp. coconut oil last. Blend until the mixture becomes doughy, adding additional water if necessary.
- Roll into 4 large balls, then flatten into pancake sized shapes. These are great raw or dehydrated for 2 hours at 118 degrees.
Serving suggestion: Top with banana syrup, fresh sliced bananas, walnuts, and an extra sprinkle of walnuts and a drizzle of honey or agave nectar.